Providing quality mental health services
When a person experiences acute psychiatric impairment, the professionals at Doctors Behavioral Health Center immediately begin a plan of action: Stabilize, socialize and support.
Doctors Behavioral Health Center is a 67-bed inpatient psychiatric treatment center affiliated with Doctors Medical Center of Modesto. It provides quality mental health services for adults, specifically:
- Immediate, 24/7 crisis assessment
- Individual treatment plans developed by a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Stabilization with medication
- A structured environment for close observation and treatment
- Group and individual therapy
- Family sessions
- Connection to community resources upon discharge
Treating a range of mental health disorders
Doctors Behavioral Health Center offers treatment for adults experiencing a range of emotional difficulties. They may include:
- Traumatic stress
- Impaired thinking
- Suicidal thinking and behaviors
- Prolonged grief reactions
- Substance abuse in addition to a mental health disorder
As soon as they are admitted to the center, patients receive a psychiatric and medical evaluation. A treatment plan is developed by a team of physicians, licensed psychiatric nurses, master’s-level therapists, mental health counselors, recreational therapists, and clinical case managers. All assessments are confidential, and our mobile assessment team is available to travel to other area hospitals where emergency patients in need of mental health care have been admitted.
We promote a higher level of independence for our patients — helping them to emerge from self-isolation, function on their own, enhance their self-esteem and social skills and become stronger decision-makers.
For more information or to speak with a mental health professional, call (209) 557-6300.