About your lab workIf you’ve had lab work done within 30 days prior, please provide us with the date and where the lab work was performed. On the day of surgery, your physician may require additional tests. If additional test are needed, your anesthesiologist and surgeon may ask you questions regarding your health history.
Minors and guardianshipIf the patient is a minor or an adult unable to sign for himself or herself, please bring proof of guardianship or medical power of attorney. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Surgery day checklistIt’s important to be prepared and know what to do and not to do prior to your procedure. In order to make your surgery as comfortable as possible, please review the following helpful tips.
Your surgery to-do list
- Check in to the hospital two hours prior to your scheduled surgery time or as directed by your doctor
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing you can easily put on after surgery
- Plan for a family or friend to drive you home from surgery and stay with you first 24 hours
- If the patient is a child, bring a comfort item like a blanket or toy, and be sure two adults are available at discharge: one to drive and another to supervise
- Bring a copy of Advance Directives if available
Please avoid the following
- Eating or drinking anything after midnight the night before surgery
Wearing makeup, lotion, cologne or perfume
Wearing jewelry or valuables, including rings