Expert orthopedic hip care, conveniently located near you
A hip injury or fracture, whether caused by a degenerative joint disease such as osteoarthritis or by trauma, can be painful and debilitating. When non-surgical treatments don’t offer relief, your doctor may recommend a hip replacement. At Doctors Medical Center of Modesto, we offer:
- Range of non-surgical options, including medication, physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Team of physicians and nurses who specialize in orthopedic care
To determine whether hip replacement surgery is the right option, you have access to a team of orthopedic surgeons, therapists and pain specialists as well as advanced imaging centers to determine your diagnosis and the optimal treatment. After surgery, you have convenient, local access to our rehabilitation centers to get you back to an active life.
Are you a candidate for hip replacement surgery?
The most common reasons for hip replacement surgery are:
- Osteoarthritis, a loss of joint cartilage that limits movement, causes pain and inhibits daily activity
- Other forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis that results from a hip injury
- Damage to the hip such as a hip fracture
Additional treatments such as medication, physical therapy and cortisone injections are often prescribed before deciding surgery is necessary.
Doctors Medical Center is here to help you — from evaluating your hip pain to discussing treatment options including surgery.