Advanced imaging through nuclear medicine
Nuclear medicine, a medical specialty that uses radioactive isotopes to diagnose and treat cancer and other diseases, is a vital component of imaging services at Doctors Medical Center of Modesto. We offer:
- Specialized nuclear medicine scans including MIGB to diagnose and treat neuroendocrine tumors and Protascint scans to pinpoint and stage tumors of the prostate
- Radioimmune therapy using two FDA-approved isotopes to isolate and treat tumors in patients with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
- A full-body I-131 scan using radioactive isotopes to detect and treat cancerous thyroid glands after a physical exam has indicated their possible presence
- A full-body bone scan as a follow-up to treatment for lung, breast or prostate cancer to detect whether the cancer has spread
- Non-cancer scans such as SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) to diagnose diseases including Alzheimer’s disease and coronary artery disease
Our focus is on you — from imaging services in diagnosis and treatment to recovery. Make Doctors Medical Center caregivers part of your healing team.