Comprehensive Heart Care at Doctors Medical Center Unifies Under New Cardiovascular InstituteFeb 14, 2020
Modesto, Calif. – Feb. 14, 2020 – Today marks the unveiling of the Cardiovascular Institute of Doctors Medical Center, a single, identifiable name that integrates the comprehensive heart services provided by Doctors Medical Center under one brand.
“Unifying our cardiovascular services under one umbrella name shows the communities we serve that we offer advanced, comprehensive heart care right in their backyard. There is no need to travel to surrounding areas for care that is provided here in Modesto,” said Warren Kirk, CEO of Doctors Medical Center. “Our goal is to continue providing seamless heart care for the patients we treat every day.”
The Cardiovascular Institute of Doctors Medical Center includes:
- Valley Heart Institute – Dedicated outpatient, diagnostic and multi-disciplinary cardiology clinic
- Structural Heart Program – The most comprehensive program in the community offering advancements in minimally-invasive treatment (TAVR, Mitral Clip, TMVR, PFO/ASD/VSD Closures, Watchman)
- Open Heart Surgery – Including endovascular vein harvesting
- Advanced Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation – Including Hybrid Maze procedures
- Lung & Heart Failure Program – Offering ECMO, Impella, Veran and other screening and treatment options, including advanced imaging and minimally-invasive options for lung disorders
- Diagnostic & Intervention – Cardiac Testing, Cardiac Catheterization and Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Leadless Pacemaker
- Peripheral Vascular Disease Treatment – Including Aortic stent grafting
- Heart Attack (STEMI) Receiving Center
“We pride ourselves on offering comprehensive care for our cardiology patients. Patients can stay close to home and near their support system to have their cardiac needs met,” said Cheryl Harless, RN, Chief Nursing Officer at Doctors Medical Center. “From minimally-invasive therapies to advanced hybrid procedures, we offer dozens of diagnostic and treatment services. The new cardiovascular institute name and brand is another example of our commitment to providing excellent care locally.”
As an award-winning leader in heart care for more than 55 years, Doctors Medical Center has a strong foundation with the most advanced care available today. The hospital has performed more than 21,000 open heart surgeries and prides itself on having an experienced team of physicians, physician assistants, registered nurse first assistants and a seasoned, dedicated nursing staff.
Last summer, Doctors Medical Center received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus and the Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. These awards recognize the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke and heart failure patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence. Doctors Medical Center has also been recognized as a High Performing Hospital for 2019-20 for Heart Failure by U.S. News & World Report.
Doctors Medical Center has five cardiac catheterization laboratories and a new hybrid operating suite that is fully equipped with advanced medical imaging devices and has capabilities to perform both catheterization procedures and open heart surgery.
With a full range of cardiac services – now under one umbrella – when patients come to the Cardiovascular Institute of Doctors Medical Center, they can rest assured their heart is in the right place. To learn more, please visit dmc-modesto.com/heart.