The California Coronary Artery Bypass Reporting Program (CCORP) is the largest public reporting program on CABG surgery outcomes in the United States. In total, the CABG report measured the performance of over 280 surgeons performing CABG procedures in 121 hospitals throughout the state for surgeries taking place in 2005 – 2006. The report adjusted individual patient risks for pre-operative health conditions and then used these adjusted rates to determine surgeon and facility performance.
“Doctors Medical Center is dedicated to making our cardiac services among the best in the country, and this is one more indicator that these efforts are making a difference,” said Denny Litos, Chief Executive Officer. “Our specialized team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, perfusionists, and our valued employees work tirelessly towards the goal of optimizing each and every patient outcome. We are pleased to be recognized for our dedication and achievements in cardiac care.”
This accommodation is only one of a growing list of recognitions recently awarded to Doctors Medical Center’s cardiac program:
• In 2009, DMC received the Coronary Intervention Specialty Excellence Award from HealthGrades in the annual Hospital Quality in America Study. This study also ranked DMC among the top 5 percent nationally and second in the state for coronary interventional procedures including angioplasties and stents.
• DMC has received two Gold Awards for Coronary Artery Disease and Heart Failure in the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelinessm performance achievement program.
• In April 2009, DMC received recognition as a “Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care” from Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
• DMC is designated as a UnitedHealth Premium® Specialty Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Electrophysiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
• DMC has received CIGNA’s Quality Designation for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft.
Doctors Medical Center of Modesto, part of Tenet California, is a 465-bed acute care hospital located at 1441 Florida Ave. in Modesto. DMC offers a wide range of services, including the cardiology, neurology, emergency and trauma services, women and children’s services, orthopedics, medical/surgical, behavioral health, oncology, and critical/intensive care. To learn more about Doctors Medical Center, or to receive a referral to one of our 600 affiliated physicians, visit www.dmc-modesto.com.
Terms And Conditions
Notice of Privacy Practices
1441 FLORIDA AVE, MODESTO, CA 95350 | 209-578-1211
© 2002-2013 Doctors Medical Center of Modesto, Inc., All Rights Reserved.